Vaisala Energy Support
What do the Annual Mean Irradiance Tools in the Prospecting Tools provide?
For your selected location, the tool shows show the annual average (mean) (GHI, DNI, DIF) based on 10+ year means from 1997/1999 – 2010 from the Vaisala 1.0 solar algorithm, including a +/- (plus or minus) range based on a global model validation. This tool directly incorporates a confidence interval, providing a range of expected values and a more realistic assessment. This value reflects the general terrain conditions in your area and is based on application of computer models to direct satellite observations.
You have the option of seeing the irradiance values in units of kWh/m²/day (kilowatt-hours per square meter per day) or W/m² (Watts per meter squared). To learn how to change your account settings click here.
More Solar Online Tools Questions
- Which weather data source should I pick?
- What's the latest month available in the solar time series tool?
- What updates were applied to the datasets in November 2019?
- What solar values are shown on the map?
- How do I enter a location?
- Why does the map disappear?
- How do I interpret the graphs provided by the Monthly Mean Irradiance Tools in the Prospecting Tools?
- How can I compare sites side-by-side in the Prospecting Tools?
- How much area is covered by the Solar Prospecting Tools?
- How accurate are the Solar Prospecting Tools?
- What data is shown in the Solar Time Series Viewer?
- What data can I get from the Solar Time Series Download tool?
- What is the Vaisala 1.0 dataset?
- What is the Vaisala 1.1 dataset?
- What is the Vaisala 1.2 dataset?
- What is the Vaisala 2.0 dataset?
- What is the Vaisala 2.1 dataset?
- The datasets give different answers. Which one is right?
- How accurate is the data in the Solar Time Series Tools?
- What are the units of irradiance?
- What is the “TMY” Data Type in the Solar Time Series Download tool?
- What is the “Long-Term” Data Type in the Solar Time Series Download tool?
- Why does the data not match my observations?
- How do I input CSV files into PVSyst?
- How can I input time series data into PVSyst?
- What is Global Horizontal Irradiance?
- What is Direct Normal Irradiance?
- What is Diffuse Horizontal Irradiance?
- What affects solar radiation at a given site?
If you didn't find what you were looking for, please contact 3TIER Support for additional assistance.